Noise coming from Engine

Hey guys, I have two different odd noises coming from under my hood.

#1) There is a "tick tick tick tick ......" noise that comes from down under, and I'm assuming it's just my lifters. Any suggestions or fixes?

#2) There is another noise that sounds like some kind of pulley. This has arisen very recently, and I'm not exactly sure what it is. More than anything, it's just super annoying. It's very noticeable when idling, but becomes harder to hear as I start moving. Any suggestions?

I understand that it is hard to diagnose a problem when you guys can't hear what I'm hearing, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had these noises. Anything and Everything is appreciated! Thanks guys! :Canadaflag: :cheers:

I have the same "tick" in my 4.0 and will be biting the bullet pretty soon to find out what it is. The other noise can be narrowed down using a rubber hose or stethoscope to listen for the exact location and take it from there.

A tick, tick, tick from "down under" is way different than a tick from up top. One (top) is relatively normal for a Jeep...the other "down", not good.

Slack up the belt, or remove it, and turn each pulley. They should move easily with no binding or grinding. If you find component pulley that doesn't turn, replace.