1988 Jeep Comanche $1800 Tucson, AZ

akelts

1988 Jeep Comanche Longbed Automatic 4x4 with 196,100 miles

I have one too many projects and just bought a bigger, newer truck so I am looking to get of this one. Would like to get $1800. Not going to BS you, it’s a 25 year old car with almost 200k miles so its not in perfect shape, but it has a few good things going for it as well. I have spelled everything out below.

The good:

•Good running inline 6 that just passed emissions without issue.

•Rustys 4.5” lift with new shocks installed comes with 31” all terrains.

•4x4 engages fine.

•Dana 44 rear axle.

•Flowmaster exhaust and newer cat.

•Upgraded to real gauges (instead of idiot lights and a huge fuel gauge)

•Body is in great shape. Truck has been in the southwest all its life. There is only one small area of rust on the entire truck: 3-4” area in on drivers side below rear window where the paint has bubbled, but it is not soft or eaten through.

•Recently bedlined the floorboards and they were 99% rust free before doing so.

•Removed all the surface rust in the bed and bedlined that as well.

•Bench seat has been freshly reupholstered.

•Have brand new carpet ready to go in.

•Has a locking gold S10 camper shell that fits pretty good.

•Spare used transfer case in good condition.

•Replaced oil filter adapter o-rings, new highflow thermostat housing and thermostat.

•Fresh oil change, new air filter and new fluids in tcase and both diffs.

•Spare set of taillights.

The so-so:

•3 of the 4 tires will need to be replaced in the next couple thousand miles…rims are in OK shape.

The bad:

•Does not have AC. Came from the factory that way.

•T case makes a low whirring noise (hence the spare tcase in “the good”; I was going to install a SYE in it)

•The dipstick tube broke off almost flush with the block. I have it plugged up so it does not spew oil and I have a spare dipstick tube, but eventually the oil pan will have to be removed in order to knock the old stub out from below.

•Once in a while the truck backfires out of the exhaust. I have replaced the MAP and the O2 sensor, tested fuel pressure and the crankshaft sensor function and they are all OK and the truck has passed emissions fine the past 2 years, but the backfire is still there every so often.

•Pretty sure the front driver unit/wheel bearing is about to give up the ghost.

•The front passenger fender is dented pretty good at the bottom and the previous owner chopped the front part of both fenders off flush with the top of the bumper. I was planning on using a white 97+ Cherokee front clip to update the front with.

If your interested contact me for a test drive and come check it out.

Archived