Torque Converter

I need either a good source for, or someone with a Torque Converter for an AW4 91-96 and flexplate for same. I have a known well maintained and operating AW4 (140K miles) without the above that I want to swap in to replace my BA-10...which is failing me. What do they run used, or re-man'd.

I also posted in the WTB section.

If you have a BA10 that means you have a RENIX motor (87-90), and thus you need an 87-90 flexplate. Reason-being that the CPS style is different from RENIX to HO 4.0's, and the flexplate is what has the "windows" in it that the CPS reads.

Make sure you remove the pilot bushing for the BA10 from the crank when doing this swap too.

Finally, I have the flexplate that you need, but no torque converter... and I'm sure shipping is a pain. You should be able to find both parts locally at any parts store.

Thanks for that information. I thought I had to use the flexplate from the newer tranny...now I know what I'm looking for...and why. I have a TC coming from a member on NAXJA. I'll check NAPA for the flexplate.

:bowdown:

Thanks.

If you have a BA10 that means you have a RENIX motor (87-90), and thus you need an 87-90 flexplate. Reason-being that the CPS style is different from RENIX to HO 4.0's, and the flexplate is what has the "windows" in it that the CPS reads.

Make sure you remove the pilot bushing for the BA10 from the crank when doing this swap too.

Finally, I have the flexplate that you need, but no torque converter... and I'm sure shipping is a pain. You should be able to find both parts locally at any parts store.

Nice catch, Matt!!

Nice catch, Matt!!

Lol, been there, done that... put a 93 AW4 into an 87 XJ that originally had a BA10, and.... no starty, no worky. Took a little bit of head-scratching to figure it out.