WTB: XJ/ZJ gas tank skid plate

Eagle

I need a steel gas tank skid for a 2001 XJ, with the plastic gas tank. There are no u-pull junkyards in Connecticut -- they've been illegal for at least 20 years. If anyone is doing any junkyard scouting and you find a 97+ XJ or a ZJ with the steel gas tank skid, I would appreciate it if you'd find out what the yard wants for it, and what you'd want to remove it and ship it to me.

I don't need the frame weld nut strips -- I have a new set for an XJ so that's covered. I just need a skid plate. Original XJ would be ideal but probably hard to find. Apparently ZJ skids can be made to work.

Thanks

Eagle, There's a fella 40 miles West of me parting out a '97 XJ. Has the metal skid plates for engine, transfer case and gas tank. He wants $300 for all. Just checking to see if you still need a plate and if your interested in shipping that far. I can talk to him and see if maybe I can just get the tank plate. Jim

Someday I got to get organized. :nuts: Ignore previous message. After sending it I was out going thru the scrap pile,,er,,I mean spare parts bin and found 2 metal gas tank skid plates. :shake: Both off a '86XJ. Also found a MSP for a '89MJ. Probably won't work but If you want one of the XJ plates it's $10 plus shipping. Let me know. Jim