Question about wiring harness

My wiring harness took on fire inside the cab, I now need to renew pretty much everything inside the cab but the harness comes first so I can at least drive it around (1990 2.5L TBI, manual). Does the harness from a Cherokee require a lot of modification to fit in a Comanche or I should just hit the scrapyard and try to find one this way?

Another question then, what are the colors of the cables I absolutely need for the truck to run?

I'll need power to the fuel pump, computer, starter, ingnition and what else? It's just so that I can at least put it in my interior garage so I can work on it easily since temperature is still under zero over here...

Well, after removing the dashboard I can ask myself what were they thinking? So many wires of the same color, this is going to be harder then expected... I'll try to hook up the computer as well as I can and try to see which wires go where so I can plug back what I think is necessary, but I sure hope I can find a whole harness to put it!

The one bit of advice I can give you is this: Take your time. Swapping wiring harnesses is not such a simple plug and play type operation. You'll need to get one from a similar cherokee or MJ, and you may still run into plugs that don't match, parts that need to be removed to get to different pieces of the harness, etc. I would not try to drive it around while you are doing the work, because you will probably run into problems that will leave you waiting for small little parts or pieces for a few days and it may be un-driveable in the mean time. Get a good soldering gun, some heat shrink tubing, and a good wiring diagram as well.

Good luck. :D