HOSE suggestions Thmstst Housing etc....NO HCV need ideas

I hate my hose setup. Its ratty, too many hose clamps, too many pieces of hose too. There WAS a steel tubing piece that came on 91 or 92 Laredos without HCV where its like a junction point where all the hoses back by the water reserviour tank all met up at that 6 point steel 5/8s tubing piece, but ive giving up on finding what its called or where to get one. So If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to tidy up my mess of a cooling system hose setup, Id greatly appreciate it & consider it.

I seen pics of a dude that made his out of plumbing Pvc & it looked sorta cool. Very tidy. but also ghetto too sorta. But I'm open to anyones ideas. I have No HCV and just 2 hoses going from engine to the heater core, then 2 going to the water reserviour coolant bottle tank thing, then back to engine. thanx in advance.

My '90 continually sprouted leaks all over the place. I converted to open system for around $120.

1. '91+ XJ radiator with pressure cap ($60-70 on e-bay).

2. 1st gen S-10/Blazer overflow tank (fits nicely in the corner and I modified the old pressure tank bracket to fit it. $10 @ jy)

3. Small hose from overflow to radiator

4. 1 piece of 5/8" heater hose and 1 piece 3/4" radiator hose. Yes the T-stat housing is made for a 3/4" hose but if you stick the end of the 5/8" hose in a cup of boiling water it softens up and goes right on.

5. Done :clapping:

My '90 continually sprouted leaks all over the place. I converted to open system for around $120.

1. '91+ XJ radiator with pressure cap ($60-70 on e-bay).

2. 1st gen S-10/Blazer overflow tank (fits nicely in the corner and I modified the old pressure tank bracket to fit it. $10 @ jy)

3. Small hose from overflow to radiator

4. 1 piece of 5/8" heater hose and 1 piece 3/4" radiator hose. Yes the T-stat housing is made for a 3/4" hose but if you stick the end of the 5/8" hose in a cup of boiling water it softens up and goes right on.

5. Done :clapping:

But whats Open system mean? I thought about eliminating bottle tank but would still end up with hoses so .... Now I just wanna simplify it down & use as less connections as possible.

But whats Open system mean? I thought about eliminating bottle tank but would still end up with hoses so .... Now I just wanna simplify it down & use as less connections as possible.

Yeah, you'll still have hoses. I don't have a HCV on my 90 or the 88 MJ. Open system means there is no pressure bottle, just an overflow reservoir (non pressurized). The pressure is held in the radiator and relieved by the cap (the regular OPEN system cap on the radiator). The coolant in the hot radiator expands a small amount and is released into the reservoir. When the engine cools off, the coolant in the reservoir gets sucked back into the radiator. It's also self bleeding (air wise) so that all the trapped air is purged out after a couple of heat/cool cycles

Both my closed to open swaps cost me about $220 ea. and included new radiators with a filler neck on the radiator. Ask for a 92> radiator. Runs two hoses from t-stat/water pump directly to heater core. So, two hoses, new radiator, generic overflow bottle. Ba-da-bing, you're done.