lost my clutch

internal or external slave? When mine went out (internal) and I replaced it with a brand new one, it went out 1500 miles later. that sucked. IDK which ones are the "cheap" ones but apparently the only one they had at Advance Auto Parts was a "cheap" one. I now have an external setup on a nv3550.

Good Luck :wrench:

I just swapped my clutch in my 89 with the pukegoat trans. It had a Sachs that was 3rs old and the springs on the clutch disc were rattling like someone dropped a can of bolts in my bell housing! I installed a kit from Advance that cost $180 and I think went by the brand Tech Novation. Install went smooth, slave bled perfectly and it drives awesome so far with no problems. My uncle and I swapped it in my tiny townhouse garage in about 5 hours.

first off, its an internal slave :headpop: but i know the clutch is good the guy i bought it from replaced it before i bought and i know the guy that put it in so i know its a good clutch and the guy does good work :chillin: but I'm thinkin i might actual pull my engine out nto do it.. i need to do my head ghasket( seeps oil) and i figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to roll some bearings in the bottom end since the other day i ran low on oil as in just below the add line and that f***ing engine started knocking so yeah time for bearings.

you guys are talkin not getting cheap slaves but the only ones I'm finding are right around or less than 100?? comanche.gif

I've had good experience with LUK Clutch products(Pepboys), at the 4x4 shop I used to work at we ran exclusively Crown or Napa bought parts. Crown was used because we bought Jeep parts in bulk, Napa was used when we didn't have something in stock.

Personally I always go with the middleman in pricepoints...I paid 70$ for my LUK internal slave. Go with something that feels good in your hand.

Also, I can't imagine there are a huge amount of companies that actually make these stupid things..so..really, what are you buying? Just a thought.