skidplates

jackel18

was wondering where i could get a front skidplate and oilpan skid?

I'm trying to gather up all the materials for my truck so that i can put it together in one shot.

i should have a good bunch of pics when i start tearing my MJ apart and putting her back together, in the spring.

front skid is the same as the XJ, but it's pretty much worthless for protecting the steering linkages if you're at anything but stock height.

It is however excellent for keeping mud/rocks/water out of the vulnerable alternator, and that's the only reason it's still on my junk.

front skid is the same as the XJ, but it's pretty much worthless for protecting the steering linkages if you're at anything but stock height.

It is however excellent for keeping mud/rocks/water out of the vulnerable alternator, and that's the only reason it's still on my junk.

thats the main reason that i'm looking. i'm only going with a 3" lift so i think it will be ok :thumbsup:

To me it is just in the way.... especially if you have to work on something on the lower front end

it is a PITA, but I've never seiezed those bolts well, so it comes off with the air ratchet in about 5 min.

It's saved my alternator from the nasty nasty ohio mud a few times, so it's worth keeping around if you have to wheel in the slop of the midwest.