97 Cherokee noise coming from dash

the other day I get a call from my dad asking for a jump because his battery was dead. I gave him a jump and it started right up. now this has happen several times so there is something draining the battery. we noticed that when the jeep is off and the key is out there is a clicking/ticking sounding coming from the dash. Ive been trying too figure out what is causing the sound and hopefully thats what's causing the battery too go dead. any ideals?

probably a relay that is clicking. how long does it take the battery to die? If you have a bad battery that is not putting out enough power sometimes the relays will freak out. this just happened to my mother van, after trying to start it there would be a clicking under the dash, it was the relay for the door dinger. It would had enough power to activate but not enough to stay energized so it would be on and off creating the clicking. New battery and it is all set.

Are the hazards on? Check the control even if the lights aren't flashing.... Could be that they are on but the fuses are blown. Also, unplug the switches for defrost/rear wipe/fog. If they melt internally, they can have similar symptoms.

The hazard flasher is in the dash on the driver's outer side. If it melted down/failed it could cause this. Thee knee board comes out with 5 phillips screws. Easy check.

I will check that stuff tomorrow. earilyer a buddy said too disconnect the positive off the battery and rig up a light between the post and the clamp, if the light come on then there's a draw on the battery. I did that befor the snow came out of nowhere today the light comes on but then goes out a second later. so that really didn't tell me anything lol. I guess I should go and get a multimeter and learn how too use it. anyone ever used the ones from harbor freight?