junkyard swap rear driveshaft

I have a 89mj longbed 4x4 5spd, d44 rear 4.5'' lift, i snapped the U straps and ear off the d44 yoke, the driveshaft took some good damage and am curious if there is a junkyard swap from another vehicle vs. having to buy one or have one built. :wrench: I have been searching this site, pirate and crawl, and no luck yet.

There are no other straight swaps that I know off, but there are other trucks using 1310 yokes.

My first "custom" drive shaft was out of a 2wd Toyota that I had shortened by my local drivetrain shop for around $100. (Although my current one was custom built out of 3/16 wall DOM tubing for $400).

yeah I am going to check one junkyard that has a mj. then most likely hack the back off my xj spare DL and take it in with mj DL to have replaced or swapped until I do sye and use a full size bronco front and get lengthend or similar. This is a mild wheeler/duty truck, my cj is the big project if i can ever finish lol.

Heck I would weld it if it doesnt mess up the balance which I'm banking on it will, so I will take the chunk out of the wallet and take it in. :dunce: :mad:

I have always cut and welded my own drive shafts. Never had a problem yet. As mvusse said, just make sure it's straight. I have a 1/2"X8"X8' steel plate I clamp the shaft to using a C clamp on each UJoint making sure it's up tight to the plate. Tack weld it in 3 places. Put in lath, finish welding.