Trim Packages

Unfortunately, not really. It's one of the things that makes the MJ somewhat irritating (and also exciting) when you're looking for one used or find one in the scrapyard - almost any option could have been had with any trim package.

A few things I have learned in my years of searching for MJs:

Pioneers will generally have carpet, carpeted door panels with storage pocket and hockey stick arm rests.

Eliminators will generally have bucket seats and the MJ-specific center console.

Laredos will generally have the "tweed" bucket seats, matching "tweed" door panels and the MJ-specific center console. They are also the only MJs I have seen that could have had power windows.

Chiefs will generally have a black interior, but I've seen a pretty even split of buckets and bench.

If you're looking for a factory cargo light, you're more likely to find those on the higher-end trim packages (Laredo, Eliminator, Chief) in the earlier years ('86 and '87 or so I've found).

Again, it's a basically a crapshoot, which is why I had to use the word "generally" when speaking about it. Also realized that I didn't even touch on any of the drivetrain options, which is probably what you were more concerned with.

The old sales literature from '87 would list the options by model. I would post a picture of it but I no longer have a scanner. The Chief included a slight interior upgrade. My window sticker is located in this post http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21903. It listed all the options. Interior color had nothing to do with the chief package other than they stopped making the chief about a year after they stopped making black interiors. So they sort of came and went at the same time. Since black interiors were so popular, they had to stop making it. :nuts: