97+ Doors W/ Old Dash

Is anyone running 97+ doors with the older style dash? I'm thinking of putting the new style doors and interior panels on my comanche and was wondering if anyone had done this. You would get one peice power windows and remote mirrors, however I'm not sure how difficult it would be to wire these things up? Anyways, I figured Id throw this out there and see if anyone had done it.

My MJ was in a JP Magazine article showing how to install 97+ XJ doors on an earlier model XJ/MJ. The wiring was a PITA. Trasborg and I got the windows working, but the door locks were harder to figure out. Then I started having problems with the windows. So I removed the power regulators and put in manual ones with the corresponding door panels.

Here's a pic of the glove box door hitting the power door panel. The manual door panels don't have that plastic piece, so I don't have that problem anymore.

I put 97+ doors on my MJ and they fit very well with the old dash :clapping:

x2

I created the entire wire harness for them, it wasn't too bad if you know wiring. I think I posted the pin out on here a few years ago, the harness I made just needed 2 power supplies and a ground for everything to work. I can't comment on the glove box not opening, since it hits my cage before the door.

Image Not Found

I created the entire wire harness for them, it wasn't too bad if you know wiring. I think I posted the pin out on here a few years ago, the harness I made just needed 2 power supplies and a ground for everything to work.

this is exactly how I was thinking of doing it in my head. I'm already sold on this. Maybe when I get around to it I'll post a write up.

I created the entire wire harness for them, it wasn't too bad if you know wiring. I think I posted the pin out on here a few years ago, the harness I made just needed 2 power supplies and a ground for everything to work.

this is exactly how I was thinking of doing it in my head. I'm already sold on this. Maybe when I get around to it I'll post a write up.

Hopefully this makes sense to you, its what I came up with on mine. Its been two years and everything is still working just fine...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19567&start=0

Make sure you cut the wires I mentioned, or else it'll pop fuses when you hit the lock button.