'88 Comanche Chief in Northern Europe

Just registered. I have been fancying a Comanche ever since I saw a flying one in one of my jeep books and then all of a sudden my oncle (huge Jeep collector with 15+ jeeps) had bought, not one, but two of them.

I showed interest and I was "allowed" to buy the worst one... I said no... It got cheaper, I said no...

Then one day I got an email where he asked me if I wanted it or it should go to the dump.

One week later it was in my drive way when I got home from work. Free of charge. Nice.

Anyway, it is a 1988 Comanche Chief, 4.0, 4x4, burgundy red interior, white exterior with black markings and red rust. It has all of the usual (from what I've read in here) rust problems: Bed panels, tailgate, cap sidepanels (rockers as US) including corners and most likely also floors. It hasn't driven for at least 10 years.

The engine doesn't start. No turning over and no fuel. The fuel pump is ticking, but no fuel at the engine. Plenty of sparks and the starter can be short circuted with a pry-bar.

Glad to have joined. I'm looking advice, tail lights, body parts(?) and a good source for regular service stuff like brake components, air filter, spark plugs and so on.

Welcome to the club. Again, sorry about the wait to get activated. For parts, there are many various sources. I am in the same boat as you, with opposite problems. I have an export Diesel MJ in the states, and most maintenance parts are only available in europe (Renault Diesel). For you, I would look into many of the US companies to see if they would ship out of the states. For a lot of the maintenance items you described, try www.rockauto.com. They have a pretty good reputation here, and are reasonably priced. I don't know if they will be willing to ship out of the country, but it is worth a try. As for tail lights, that's an eBay find, or if someone here is willing to ship some over to you from our classifieds, that might be an option too. I know back in the spring tails were going for about $350 US, and there was a guy in England who was buying them all up for a time. Prices have come down considerably. Patch panels are best sourced from junk yard XJ's. 2 Doors have excellent bedside patch panels over the rear wheels.

Rob