temp gauge

so my closed system had an explosion on a wheelin trip. the top blew off and luckily not the bottle. i rigged it to get home and bought a new cap. ive bled the system several times but every once in awhile the temp gauge will just randomly drop down to about 150 degrees then slowly rise back up to normal temps. could this just be the gauge going out? air pocket maybe? i don't know :dunno:

well its been kind of cold here lately sooo, yes. i installed a new 195 "fail safe" thermostat when i got home as well. i guess since its a fail safe one it just could be opening up when i get over 195. which does happen on the trails but shouldnt while I'm driving. plus i thought once it opened you had to replace it because it wouldnt shut again.

well its been kind of cold here lately sooo, yes. i installed a new 195 "fail safe" thermostat when i got home as well. i guess since its a fail safe one it just could be opening up when i get over 195. which does happen on the trails but shouldnt while I'm driving. plus i thought once it opened you had to replace it because it wouldnt shut again.

The fail safe part doesn't "lock" when it opens at normal temps. If your temp gets way up there...overheats...then it opens further still and locks on the little tabs. I'm not sure if you can get it to close again, like manually. It's better to just buy a quality (Mopar or Superstant) t-stat and let it do it's job.