Replacing Fuel Injectors

I've got a set of re-furb FIs coming, in hopes of getting even a slight bit better economy (got a long trip planned and even a 1 mpg improvement on hi-way will cover the cost of the replacements before I return home).

Anyway, the Haynes says to disconnect the fuel lines from the rail, but as the hard lines are all connected to flexible hoses I don't see the need for that (and would rather not replace the disconnect o-rings/spacers unless necessary).

So, is it necessary? To disconnect fuel lines from the rail that is? :D

I did not find it necessary, but I worked slowly and incrementally down the line so as not to cause undue force at any one FI location.

Thanks. I'm a very slow and methodical worker, and that's just what I thought was best. I don't mind taking an hour to do what could be done in 15 minutes, and I'm always reluctant to undo an old connection that remains sound, as once you do, you tend to start stressing other parts that have been in place for ages.

I did not find it necessary, but I worked slowly and incrementally down the line so as not to cause undue force at any one FI location.

Thanks. I'm a very slow and methodical worker, and that's just what I thought was best. I don't mind taking an hour to do what could be done in 15 minutes, and I'm always reluctant to undo an old connection that remains sound, as once you do, you tend to start stressing other

OR...actually replacing the "parts that have been in place for ages".

I suppose it's doable, and not a bad idea, to save $6.99 x 2 on new connectors but replacing the fuel line connector with new parts means you'll likely not have to change injectors, connectors or o-rings (in the lines) for the life of the Jeep.

I replaced my fuel rail and FPR so I HAD to replace the connectors.

OR...actually replacing the "parts that have been in place for ages".

I suppose it's doable, and not a bad idea, to save $6.99 x 2 on new connectors but replacing the fuel line connector with new parts means you'll likely not have to change injectors, connectors or o-rings (in the lines) for the life of the Jeep.

I replaced my fuel rail and FPR so I HAD to replace the connectors.

Can't seem to find any here locally, or I wouldn't worry about it. I may just order them from somewhere, and if they arrive in time, great. If not, they would be easy to replace later as a separate job.