Speedometer wire? Where is it?

Today, I installed my speedometer gear, which is a good step towards being able to tell how fast I'm going, but I'm still missing the wire that connects to that. Does anybody know where I can get one? Or, perhaps more importantly, does anybody know where it connects to? I looked at my guages, and it's an all electrical housing. I just don't know where to be looking for a connector, and I have a LOT of disconnected/hacked wires.

You have an all-electric gauge cluster in an '88 MJ? Was the entire '94 wiring harness swapped in? If not, you have a problem because the '88 originally had a mechanical speedometer with a conventional speedo cable.

It was converted to a later unit. The entire engine and drivetrain is from a 94 cherokee. Some of the wiring is spliced, but the most of it is the 94.

Unfortunately, then you're on your own because we can't tell from wherever we sit if the speedo wire was even moved over to your truck. You need to find an XJ or MJ from about the same year, crawl underneath, and find out what color wire you're looking for and where it's supposed to go into the chassis harness.