Quick disconnect

After installing a new radiator in a '87XJ. 4.0 I got some new QD from AutoZone for the lower trans cooler line. Getting everything hooked back up I started it. Trans fluid all over the place. QC fitting had un connected. Thinking maybe I just hadn't dome it right I connected it back up, only I pulled on it to check. It came right off. I tried all four fittings in the box. None of them held. Disgusted I looked around in the weeds and finally found the old one, cleaned it up and used it. Worked fine, no leaks, no dis connects. It was bad enough the package only had the teflon fittings and not the O ring. Had to buy them seperate. Any one suggest a source for obtaining the fitting and O ring in one package that will work?

Do those only work with a plastic line, or will they also work with metal? Would seem like 3/8 OD is 3/8 OD whether plastic or metal. Then there is always the possibility of just replacing everything with a brass coupling.

"Hand me a hammer"

After installing a new radiator in a '87XJ. 4.0 I got some new QD from AutoZone for the lower trans cooler line. Getting everything hooked back up I started it. Trans fluid all over the place. QC fitting had un connected. Thinking maybe I just hadn't dome it right I connected it back up, only I pulled on it to check. It came right off. I tried all four fittings in the box. None of them held. Disgusted I looked around in the weeds and finally found the old one, cleaned it up and used it. Worked fine, no leaks, no dis connects. It was bad enough the package only had the teflon fittings and not the O ring. Had to buy them seperate. Any one suggest a source for obtaining the fitting and O ring in one package that will work?

I had the same line disconnect recently on a new radiator install. The QD wasn't pushed on all the way. The only way I could get the connector to snap in was to rub 0000 steel wool round and round to take some metal of the new male aluminum tubing, and shine it up real well. Even then it was a bear to push all the way on, but it finally snapped on. I did mic the diameter of the old steel line and the new aluminum line and the aluminum line was about .004 larger in diameter.

Do those only work with a plastic line, or will they also work with metal? Would seem like 3/8 OD is 3/8 OD whether plastic or metal. Then there is always the possibility of just replacing everything with a brass coupling.

"Hand me a hammer"

I've never seen a plastic fuel line...or trans line. But I've also never strayed from a RENIX engine. The connector I "put together" looked just like this though. Sliding plastic clip on to male side, then 0-ring, then spacer, then o-ring, then push straight on and...click!!

Did not need a hammer :D