Are JK tires at all compatable with MJ'S?

Hey, so I have a co worker with a new wrangler JK who would sell me his stock tires 225/75/16 with 5000km, all five for 400.00 bucks. I don't think these are directly compatable but maybe with adaptors? Any way to make it work?

Think you need a 16 inch rim for those tires, or if he is selling tire and rims you need adapters for the 5x5.5, spidertrax or alloy usa make adapters, if you don't use them make sure you get hubcentric adapters, just safer.

JK pattern is the same as newer Grands: 5x5, not 5x5.5" like the older CJ's or 5x4.5 like TJ/YJ/XJ/MJ/ZJ.

Most of the factory tires are not loved. But if you are just getting the tires you can usually pick up 16" KJ/Liberty wheels that are 16" and 5x4.5 like an MJ for cheap. I bought a set of 4 16" steelies for $60 and 4 alloys for $80.

Thanks for the reply's. I will look into the adapters. May or not pick them up. He would be giving me 5 rims and tires complete. He wants bigger ones. Hell of deal I think. But I agree, the rubber is not exactly what I'm looking for.