Engine Swap Help: 96 Cherokee 4.0L into 88 Comanche

I've removed, rebuilt and installed an 87' Inline 6 before, but this swap is way more complicated and my brain is suffering from information overload from all the topics I've been researching.

My Comanche is currently a 88' 2.5L Std., base model no bells/whistles.

My Donor is a 96' Cherokee 4.0L H.O, Auto, power everything, cruise, air

Plans:

- Remove engine, trans, transfer case and axles from the Comanche

- Pulling the engine, trans, transfer case from the Cherokee

- Stroking the 4.0L to 4.6L and installing it, the trans, transfer case into the Comanche

- I plan on using a Rear 14 Bolt and a Front Dana 60

- I'd prefer not to have power windows, doors, windows or cruise.... but want the air conditioning to function.

With the above plans in mind, I have the following questions:

1. Do I need to remove the entire wiring harness from the Comanche and install the entire wiring harness from the Cherokee.

2. If the answer to #1 is no, do I just need the sensors and computer from the Cherokee? Any other parts?

3. Do I need to swap the steering columns if I don't plan on using cruise control?

4. Is there anything else I need to consider?

Any advice/links/feedback is greatly appreciated :cheers:

you will need to move the engine wiring harness from the Cherokee to the Comanche. the 2.5, 4.0, and 4.0 High Output all have different engine harnesses.. I think you may need to do some rewiring in the cab but maybe someone will have an answer for sure.

you may need to redo the dash wiring because of the H.O. swap and the electronic speed sending unit on the transfer-case