fab question

when mt AX-15 mount comes in (hopefully it is the correct one this time) i was going to get some measurements so my cousin might can make a few at Auburn's machine shop. what type of metal should we use, steel or can we use aluminum?

the part i want to make is the metal plate that bolts the transmission to the cross member

thanks

I'm assuming you're talking about the piece that bolts to the trans and the top of the rubber mount. Unless you plan on using like 6061 aluminum (or equivalent), I would stick to steel. There isn't enough room to add the ribs needed to make an aluminum mount able to support the stresses on that piece. Plus, steel is cheaper and easier to mold.

I'm assuming you're talking about the piece that bolts to the trans and the top of the rubber mount. Unless you plan on using like 6061 aluminum (or equivalent), I would stick to steel. There isn't enough room to add the ribs needed to make an aluminum mount able to support the stresses on that piece. Plus, steel is cheaper and easier to mold.

Yes, that's what I wanted to do. And thanks for the info! Hopefully he can get one made if he has the time :wrench: