Shock mounts.

Hey everybody hows it going. Just wanted to share my latest update one my manche. I just finished the soa in the rear and had to fab some shock mounting brackets on the axle. I had a friend cut them out with his Vulcan CNC plasma.

They came out ok but I should have made them shorter. I welded the up and actually like the way the turned out.

Had to test them.

I was talking about the hydraulic line for the service brake running in front of the axle underneath the leaf springs. But now you mention it, the parking brake cable looks like it's just waiting to be crushed between the overload leaf and the rest of the pack.

Yeah that's the only thing about them that i didn't like. I originally expected to have to angle them up to get the shock where I wanted it but ended up not needing to. They're kinda like rock catchers now. Its different when making them on autodesk not sitting under the jeep but theyll do for now. I plan on swapping in an 8.8 as soon as I get the cash so this is kinda a trial set.

I haven't had a chance to drive it yet but I will update when I do. The only reason why I can see them adding stability would be due to the shocks having more leverage on the axle due to being farther out. That could also cause the mounts to snap but I don't know. The other difference would be that they are mounted on the axle as apposed to being mounted to the stock spring plate. But then again they could make things worse this way.