The Misery Jackel(86 2.5 4x4)

• 2 weeks later...

Been cruisin the net lookin at 350 swaps into MJ's and Xj's and realised how lucky we have it here on the CC forum. I was on pirate4x4 and found a guy doing the swap into an 86 XJ. Several replies were a bunch of @$$holes just screwing him around and not giving any input. Would just like to thank you guys for putting up with my rookie questions and being so helpfull! :cheers:

I can hopefully go home some weekend in the next 3 months to start tearing the 4banger out of the Jackal and get some other things on it done, but till then she sits and waits in the driveway :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like I won't get to start anything on the truck till I move home in March. It wouldn't be so bad if I was getting paid, but thats not how internships work. Atleast it will be impressive having interned at a 5 Diamond/5 Star Hotel and Restaurant on my resume now!

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been doing as much research as I can and started thinking. Will the d44 I picked up be good for the 350 swap? I'm getting a whole truck so I'll have the chevy axles, and with running atleast 300 hp and as much torque as I can get, will the 44 handle that and 35's?

• 2 months later...

Was going to keep the 2.5 in the truck just to move it from the garage to it's parking spot, but found today I'm not getting spark... I'm not getting spark from the coil. Ideas? If it needs replaced that's my excuse to pull the engine and continue to look for the donor!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully by the end of the month I will have a 92 cherokee donor. It almost seems a shame to tear it apart, the guy brought it from Arizona and theres no rust on it, buuuuut I can't neglect the Jackal!!!

• 3 months later...