dakota rear hose

i just did a spring over conversion to my mj and i need to extend the rear hose. ive heard that the dakota hose will fit, but on my axle the breather hose is attached to the block where the hose splits to lines. does the dakota have the same set up?

also the rear proportioning valve is still intact, however with the lift the linkage doesnt reach and i would rather just get it out of the way. if i just put the two lines that run to the prop valve into a T compression fitting then run a line from the compression fitting to the hose will everything function properly?

i just did a spring over conversion to my mj and i need to extend the rear hose. ive heard that the dakota hose will fit, but on my axle the breather hose is attached to the block where the hose splits to lines. does the dakota have the same set up?

also the rear proportioning valve is still intact, however with the lift the linkage doesnt reach and i would rather just get it out of the way. if i just put the two lines that run to the prop valve into a T compression fitting then run a line from the compression fitting to the hose will everything function properly?

Question 1 YES

I think I used a 1996 nose. You can use the vent in the bolt OR retap a new one.

Question 2 NO

Only one line is a actual brake line. Cannot remember which is the one you wnat...do a search on rear proportioning valve. there ia MUCH infor here to read. But anyway, all you really need to do is to "zip" tie it in the up position and you will be bypassing its purpose.

"UP" would be the end of the arm where the rod attaches, disconnected from the axle and pushed up towards the bottom of the bed.

The way the valve works is as weight is added to the bed of the jeep the suspansion compresses. This compressing opens the valve up a bit allowing more brake bias to the rear tires increasing braking for the increases load now in the jeep.

CW

Or you could extend the length of the linkage rod from the prop valve arm to the axle the same length as your lift measurement. That way you still retain proper operation of the height sensing valve (provided it was still working originally).