Looking to upgrade the bumper question?

Good day everyone. I am looking at up grading my front bumper to a JCR one. Behind the bumper on the passenger side is a canister that at one time was attached to the bumper. mine is now just zip tied up because the mount broke.

I believe this is a vacuum canister for something, what is it for? and can I get rid of it as I have seen some do or is better to relocate it to another place in the engine compartment.

Thank You

The vacuum canister you're talking about controls the HVAC system (heater and a/c controls plus the vent doors). If you remove the canister, you will only have defrost, no floor or vents option. Your best bet is to relocate it to an empty spot under the hood. If the plastic line breaks (as it does on most due to the age) then you can just put a piece of rubber hose on it where it broke and that should reseal it (I had luck just sliding one on, but make sure you get one that is a tight fit on the plastic line).

I relocated mine to the engin bay on my xj did away with it on my mj because it broke. Found a vacume line spliced it with a t section and hooked it up that way. Like was mentiond above you will have no heater controls other than fan and temp will be stuck on defrost.

Thanks guys. I am going to relocate mine.

The one I have on the MJ is a longer and looks like a dabble pumper kind of thing having 2 vacuum lines teed together and 2 small lines teed together that go up to the engine bay.

Now the one out of my parts truck is smaller and only has one vacuum line and one small line. Can I use this one instead or do I need the dabble set up?