4WD isn't workin

I decided to try out the 4wd for the first time the other day so I stop, drop her in 4L, creep off and the first log I come up to I notice the front tires aren't pullin at all... What could it be? Oh and save the negative comments, I'm no mechanical guru. lol Thanks

Thanks ya'll... I see how it all works now. But this is my daily driver so.... if i permanently fix the CAD will it affect my gas mileage? Also, even though you're not powering the front drivetrain like that, it seems like that would be a lot of wear and tear if those parts are constantly engaged.

Thanks ya'll... I see how it all works now. But this is my daily driver so.... if i permanently fix the CAD will it affect my gas mileage? Also, even though you're not powering the front drivetrain like that, it seems like that would be a lot of wear and tear if those parts are constantly engaged.

Nope, they eventually got rid of the CAD anyway starting in 91.

I found simply replacing the three vacuum hoses with any generic vac pipe of same size cured my sticking CAD motor. The rubber ends on the factory pipework goes hard and leaks vac. It's still sluggish in actuating but it does work now although sometimes I have to roll the truck back and forth a couple a times before it will disengage again. Worth a try as a quick fix :wrench: