Steering wheel Gear box, Brake Booster, Rear Main Seal

Ok these are my 3 biggest projects i now have to tackle asap. 1 i switched out wheels and tires from the factory oem rims and put on completely different rim's and went up to a 16, My problem here the wheels and tires have been on there for approx 2 months 2 weeks ago it feels as if i have lost tension in the steering wheel basically where theres some play in it all items in the front were replaces except for the gear box. 2nd the brakes work but not getting as good as pressure as i'd like changed out the master cylinder made a difference but still not how it should feel. and last but not least the rear main seal!!!!! Basically for you MJ tech i need an approx time it would take to replace each item and if it's a simple task or not. Thanks Trenton

May be a stupid question but have you adjusted your rear brakes? That can make a world of difference in pedal feel....well, it does on vehicles without that rear valve thingy, anyway.

Bled they brakes twice keeps pressure for a week then drops just a hair. may have to look at those springs

I was referring to physically adjusting them by moving the star adjuster through the access hole in the backing plate. Worn out or misadjusted rear shoes will destroy your pedal feel. If the shoes ride too far from the drum the system does not physically move enough fluid to provide adequate clamping pressure even when perfectly bled.

Bleeding the brakes won't help if the rear brakes are not adjusted.

Replacing the steering box is not difficult, but usually isn't necessary. Have you verified that the looseness you think you perceive in the steering is actually in the steering box? For me, that's the LAST thing I would consider -- and I would try adjusting it before I'd replace it.

Checking the steering box for looseness is easy. Park on level ground with the wheels straight ahead. Turn off the engine, but leave the key in the OFF position, not the LOCKED position. Stand outside the vehicle and reach in through the window or open door and gently try to turn the wheel back and forth. How much free play is there? (Free play) is the amount of movement between any movement of the tires. You're looking for how much you can move the steering wheel with NO movement of the tires.)