For the new guys...

Alright so I recently inherited my grandfather's 1988 Comanche Pioneer. I have done a little research on them, but I still am not too educated on my new MJ. If you seasoned MJ owners don't mind, what are some of the first things that need to be done in order to make sure my MJ is up to snuff and any other info that would good to know. Thanks a ton y'all.

Welcome to the club. We could help a little better if we had more details of your truck (engine, trans, 2wd/4wd, modifications... etc) and what part of the county you live in (meaning amount of rust you may or may not be dealing with). This place is addictive, and so are these trucks... you have been warned! :brows:

Alright so I recently inherited my grandfather's 1988 Comanche Pioneer. I have done a little research on them, but I still am not too educated on my new MJ. If you seasoned MJ owners don't mind, what are some of the first things that need to be done in order to make sure my MJ is up to snuff and any other info that would good to know. Thanks a ton y'all.

Check under your carpet for rust! Mostly on the drivers side floor board. Do a good ol tune up, check for the rear main leaking (look under your truck oil would be dripping from around your oil pan). Also check your suspension to see if any thing needs to be replaced for a better ride. And post up your vin, pics and info on your truck in the registry. And last but not least welcome :wavey:

Brandon

Well I have a 4.0 L 4x4. No modifications that I know of. I have replaced both U-joints, the clutch master cylinder, new oil pan gasket and put in a new fan clutch. It has been in Colorado for all of its life, but is now in Texas. I will post some pictures tomorrow when I get a chance. Thank you all for the welcome.