has anybody see anything like this?

:drool: 5.7 I-6... that would make my life a lot simpler... Red is getting a 5.7... now that i have the chrome emblems... if it was a 4.0 and it was bored out too much it will start to lose strength, but not sure what that limit is.. I guess it is stroked as well... i am sure someone can answer those questions..

The J series was back in the '70's. A regular 4.0L cannot be bored out that far due to piston wall thickness. The farthest you can bore and stroke them out is to 5.0L but that would need to get checked to make sure there is enough wall thickness to hold together. The 4.2L is essentially the same way with boring and stroking.

For what it's from, maybe he meant Commando? Still, that only came with the 4.2L in the '70's. AMC did have a 4.6L I6 but that appeared in their Mexican cars from what I can find.

That's a great find if it is actually a 5.7L, but who the hell knows where it came from and all those custom parts would be a pain to try to replace later on.

As far as I'm concerned the guy just doesn't know what he;s talking about. In 1970 the trucks were labeled J100 and J200. I bought a new J100 that year. In 1975 they were labeled J10 and J20. Not sure what year they changed, Jeep never made anything bigger than a 1 ton for the civilian market. I just can't see a 4.0 being stroked and bored to achieve 348 CI.

its got me confused too, all i can find online is the 4.6 (282) amc's mexican version, he did say it came in a 2 1/2 ton truck he was wrong in calling it a "comanchee" or comanche as we say it, I'm going to look some more and see what I come up with, did they have a amc 6 in the 70's duece and a half's?

ok, just got off the phone with him and the engine came out of a willys half track, his mechanic built it for his personal use and I guess used it for a while then sold it to this guy and he ran it in a cherokee for a bit but now needs money pretty bad and will sell the engine and a ax-15 with t-case for 800.

thats what I got. he is supposed to get ahold of his mechanic and find out for sure, even if I can't buy it I know people that may be interested and would be awesome if its actually what he says it is.