Help loud Popping When slamming Brakes with video

it only happens when i slam the brakes the driver brakes are fine. if i slowly press the brake it doesn't pop or click what ever you want to call it. but i just want to make sure nothing wrong pads are on right and anti-rattling are on right and everything is tight but it still pops. thanks a lot

nFvK5OGWPmw

You don't say what year your truck is, but the front brakes look the same as my 91 2WD brakes. Things that can cause this:

1. The inboard and outboard pads are different and they will install the wrong way. If you install the wrong way you will get a clicking squealing noise when braking hard. The way to tell is to compare the brake pad material shape on the pads to the old ones and put the new pads in the same way. As I recall, there was more pad material on the inboard pad.

2. Did you replace the caliper slide pins? The new pins I got with my ceramic pads set were about 1/4" too long. The tip of the pin threaded end would contact the knuckle when tightened all the way down. You can either grind the tip or reuse the old pins.

3. The upper and lower ridges where the caliper rides get worn down over the years and the caliper gets loose on the mating surfaces and can cause the sound you hear when braking because the caliper twists. The only cure is to replace the caliper mounting bracket (best) or run a weld bead on the ridge then grind it back down to original specs to build the surface back up so the caliper is snug. There's a writeup on NAXJA on doing this. This is what I think your problem is as the caliper looks too sloppy on your rig.

Did your pads or caliper come with shims? Sure seems like you could benefit using them if they were included.

Your knuckle could also be worn down where the pads ride, one of the inherent design flaws with factory Jeep brakes. Don mentions this in #3. Unfortunately, Jeep D30 axles don't have a dedicated caliper bracket, but utilize the knuckle to hold the caliper and pads in place. The shims might help you out here.