reasons to take apart the dash

87manche

SO I took off my trim piece to fix the blower motor and it escalated into a full scale dash party tonight.

Got the blower motor fixed, works better than when I bought the truck.

Cleaned all of my guages, cleaned the inside of the cluster. All that dust just bugged the hell out of me.

Replaced some burnt out dash lights. Couldn't find the one for the HVAC controls, did an 87 have that?

Cleaned my entire fuse block, replaced every fuse. Brake fluid was mean to some of the older ones.

So, now I've got killer heat, the lights are brighter, and I pumped everything full of di-electric grease, so it should be good or a while. I even mounted my Siruis receiver to the dash, after I "customized" the mount for it. How did you treat your Jeep tonight?

what's it doing. From the sounds of what our checking I'm guessing it just runs like poo. I've still got an odd high RPM WOT issue. I'm pretty sure it's something with the injectors. I'm pretty sure one of them is shorting at WOT and popping the fuse. Now how to figure out which one...

My street MJ is running like poo poo. After it warms up, it runs like poo poo. you go to step on the gas to acclerate, and it bogs right down, and acts like it is going to cut off. PUsh the clutch in, and wait a sec, Idles goes back to normal, and evertything is fine. I have been working on this problem on and off for a few months, and I am about to part out this truck, cause it is pissing me off. The bad thing is all my known good parts are on my trail rig, and that is 2 hours away getting a cage built.

Patrick

How did you treat your Jeep tonight?

I pounded the chrome beauty rings back on to the OEM steel wheels that I mounted my snow tires on, to try to cover up some of the rust on them. Lotsa cursing involved, as well as a couple of beers (at 10:30 in the morning, no less.....)

Not only does it look pretty, but it goes faster now :D

Jeff

How did you treat your Jeep tonight?

I pounded the chrome beauty rings back on to the OEM steel wheels that I mounted my snow tires on, to try to cover up some of the rust on them. Lotsa cursing involved, as well as a couple of beers (at 10:30 in the morning, no less.....)

Not only does it look pretty, but it goes faster now :D

Jeff

if you want to go really fast you need some stickers, sticker make everything go faster, I put a sticker on my water heater, and now I never run out of hot water.

My street MJ is running like poo poo. After it warms up, it runs like poo poo. you go to step on the gas to acclerate, and it bogs right down, and acts like it is going to cut off. PUsh the clutch in, and wait a sec, Idles goes back to normal, and evertything is fine. I have been working on this problem on and off for a few months, and I am about to part out this truck, cause it is pissing me off. The bad thing is all my known good parts are on my trail rig, and that is 2 hours away getting a cage built.

Patrick

EGR?

And if got's an AX-15 what do you want for it?

Stickers, I got stickers.....each time I buy an el cheapo muffler from Advance or Batozone, I add a sticker to the toolbox on the bed. Currently, I'm sporting a Thrush on one side, and a Dynomax on the other, plus a small American flag. They're covering up rust, too :oops:

Jeff

I have a few more things I am going to try before I resort to parting out or selling the truck. But yes it does have an AX15 :shock: as well as a Jasper motor with less then 30,000 since it was installed (PO did that), it also has a Rusty's/Pro Comp lift :D as well as a SOA D35 with 3.73, and a factory LSD :-D , Thius was my DD unitl it started having runnability problems, I really want to fix this truck, cause I miss the 21-25 miles it got to the gallon.

Patrick