exhaust through bumper

Has any one on here put there exhaust through their bumper? It so, how did you isolate it from the bumper? I'm putting on a new bumper i got at pick n pull and want to put it through the bumper so it won't get smashed or beat up. I'm just not sure how to isolate it from the bumper without cutting a huge hole around it.

Pic of bumper mocked up, not actually attached yet.

it's 4"x6"x3/16" with 1/2" angle in the middle

Pics of new brackets/ shackle hanger

Thanks

p.s. Sorry about the cellphone pics.... my good camera broke. Not sure why they are so big but I don't know how to shrink them....

I'm just not sure how to isolate it from the bumper without cutting a huge hole around it.

Cut a bigger hole for it to go through, or get a high temp rubber donut to put around the pipe so it doesn't rattle

I was picturing something like part number 87235K771 from Mcmaster Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Or, weld a pipe solid to the bumper, and then use a short piece of flex pipe to connect the exhaust to it, that would allow the exhaust system to move.

I'm just not sure how to isolate it from the bumper without cutting a huge hole around it.

Cut a bigger hole for it to go through, or get a high temp rubber donut to put around the pipe so it doesn't rattle

I was picturing something like part number 87235K771 from Mcmaster Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Or, weld a pipe solid to the bumper, and then use a short piece of flex pipe to connect the exhaust to it, that would allow the exhaust system to move.

I would think that if it were welded solid to the bumper you would still end up with a lot of resonance in the cab. Possibly consider combining the flex pipe with some sort of rubber gasket around the tailpipe.