Renix 40 power loss, Replacement 44 shafts, Cooling

In no particular order:

Rear 44 - What is the Dana-Spicer p/n for MJ/XJ/TJ Dana 44 rear axle shafts? Also, I hear Warn discontinued their full float kit for the XJ 44, does anyone still make one? I may get Superior's alloy axle shafts . Haven't broken one yet, just planning ahead.

Cooling - The Jeep was running hot while wheeling this weekend, it was 103 degrees. I still have the closed system and it works great in normal driving and in traffic on hot days like this. Eventually I may go to an open style system and lose the bottle but its working good for now, always runs at the thermostat temp while driving. But for hot weather wheeling, I think hood vents and an electric fan will help a lot. I have a non A/C MJ with an A/C delete pulley. There's no electric fan. I picked one from the JY and plan to install an HO thermostat housing, add a temp switch of some sort to it that will control the activation of the fan. Preferably at 220 degrees like a stock A/C equipped vehicle. I could add a manual switch but I don't want a crazy amount of switches in the interior and I want it to be automatic. I know someone has done this, should be easy with the right temp switch and a relay. Can someone point me in the right direction here - p/n for the switch?

Renix 4.0 Power loss - On the way home there was a sudden power loss, like the the hp went from 177-120. I lost the crisp throttle response the engine usually has and with 35s and 4.56s it was hard to maintain 2500 rpms on the way home. That's only while driving, while stationary it revs fine. Usually in fifth gear I can easily cruise at 2500-3000 rpms and accelerate as needed. But 2250 rpms was about all she had. I'm going out of town so I won't have time to investigate this till next week but I'll start troubleshooting the ignition and sensors (CTS, MAP, TPS, fuel pressure etc). Its running smooth just lost the power and throttle response. Could be bad gas, maybe a clogged cat, its the original. Worst case is a bad head gasket, its not blowing oil like last time maybe its between the cylinders. I'll check the compression too. Just throwing this out there in case someone else has had this happen too.

:wrench:

Cooling - The Jeep was running hot while wheeling this weekend, it was 103 degrees. I still have the closed system and it works great in normal driving and in traffic on hot days like this. Eventually I may go to an open style system and lose the bottle but its working good for now, always runs at the thermostat temp while driving. But for hot weather wheeling, I think hood vents and an electric fan will help a lot. I have a non A/C MJ with an A/C delete pulley. There's no electric fan. I picked one from the JY and plan to install an HO thermostat housing, add a temp switch of some sort to it that will control the activation of the fan. Preferably at 220 degrees like a stock A/C equipped vehicle. I could add a manual switch but I don't want a crazy amount of switches in the interior and I want it to be automatic. I know someone has done this, should be easy with the right temp switch and a relay. Can someone point me in the right direction here - p/n for the switch? :wrench:

AFAIK, the elusive temp sensor installed in an HO thermostat housing to control an electric fan has never been done successfully. There was one from a Corvette everyone was excited about but it never worked right. Lot's of posts on people trying this; never saw one that actually worked. That's why I used the SPAL PCM fan controller and used the temp gauge sensor out put to trigger the fan LO/HI temp offs and ons. Works well. I did a writeup on my dual electric fans setup in the DIY section here: http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8342&hilit=electric+fan