Cleaning Engine Bay?

I just use regular degreaser. Don't spray into the air box and cover any breathers you can find. Try to avoid directly spraying any electronics. It should be sort of obvious when you start doing it what you should and shouldn't spray. :wrench:

Its not so bad. You can pressure wash the hood and hand clean the rest with degreaser. Use break cleaner or normal engine degreaser. If you really Wana get into it remove the valve cover clean it really well and paint it that always cleans the looks up good.

Brandon

Simple Green "Automotive" works great and doesn't stink up the driveway. The local pressure wash place here won't let you spray down a motor with anything else. I guess it's "green".

Over and above that, like I said, works great. Spray on, let sit, garden hose, ba-da bing!

I don't wanna clean and be admiring and then go to start and my truck not run. So if i cover my distributor can I spray the rest? What about spark plugs and the tps? Also battery terminals? And all that electrical to the right of my valve cover and in between the valve cover and tps? Is all that good? Thanks!

Last week I wanted to clean up the donor 98 XJ , all stock . Part of the prep was cleaning the powertrain . Since I didn't care about the engine(piston skirt knock) and the battery needed a little charging , I let it run for the process .

I hit every single square inch under the hood , every wire , every sensor and the ABS and PCM modules . All up close and personal too like 4-6 inches away and 2000psi .

No stumbles , no issues , still starts fine , no bad effects , best of all , no dirt either .

I've used a pressure washer for a long time on every engine in every vehicle . Yet to have an issue .

BTW , if water was an issue in an engine bay , snorkel's would be useless ;)