backup lights/turn signal gremlin

I have a couple of electrical gremlins right now, one of which makes my radio shut off when I use the lighter socket. I had replaced the heater core/box, and I think I'll be able to find that short when I pull the dash.

Here's a weirder, and more annoying one -- just wondering if anyone had the same. My taillights (AX-5) had been out for months. I didn't really care, but had some time today to check into it. Turn signals had been fine. Checked the fuse, it's good, and there's power to the hot side on the fusebox. I pulled the connector off the reverse light switch and jumpered it, still no lights. Checked at the pigtail behind the left taillight, and no juice there, either. Bulbs are good, no juice getting to the sockets. I put everything back the way it was and, you guessed it...no turn signals....

WTF? :ack:

Tom

I have a couple of electrical gremlins right now, one of which makes my radio shut off when I use the lighter socket. I had replaced the heater core/box, and I think I'll be able to find that short when I pull the dash.

This one always gets me two. It pops every time you use the lighter socket. All ive done to fix it is replace that fuse like 15 times and take the lighter out of its socket. Hope you find it cuz I never have...

Here's a weirder, and more annoying one -- just wondering if anyone had the same. My taillights (AX-5) had been out for months. I didn't really care, but had some time today to check into it. Turn signals had been fine. Checked the fuse, it's good, and there's power to the hot side on the fusebox. I pulled the connector off the reverse light switch and jumpered it, still no lights. Checked at the pigtail behind the left taillight, and no juice there, either. Bulbs are good, no juice getting to the sockets. I put everything back the way it was and, you guessed it...no turn signals....

WTF? :ack:

Maybe the diver side tail light ground? :dunno:

Tom

Sorry I know that wasnt much help, but maybe a start

Brandon

Thanks to both of you. Someone rigged in the radio(s) at some point before I got it; there's wires and auxiliary fuses coming off the fusebox that I don't know what they're for -- I'm sure that's the lighter/radio gremlin. I'm planning on pulling the dash this summer, and replacing it. I plan on doing re-wiring and waterproofing at that time.

The reverse light thing just pisses me off :fs1: