Any experience here with 32x11.50x15's?

I'm planning on buying new tires for the MJ next year, and have been looking at what I might want to get. And I noticed a size I havent really seen before or heard much about... the mentioned 32x11.50. Will this tire be an issue going on stock aluminum rims on my 87? I don't really do off roading so clearance at full flex isnt really an issue, and I have a set of WJ control arms sitting around if needed. I have a 2.5 AND 4:10 gearing, 2.8 4x4 front springs with an added isolator, and lengthened shackles on 2wd leaves out back at the moment with 235/75R15 BFG A/T's. More lift is in my future with the possibility of some trips to Uharrie, but I still wonder if there will be more issues than I want to deal with with this size?

The tires I'm looking at are Yokohama Geolander A/T's in 32x11.50x15. They have the best price compared to others and a high customer satisfaction rating, and the Geolander A/T's I have on my Tucson have been performing well so far.

I think the biggest part of it for me is that I want something that looks a little wider than the 31x10.50's... just for the look of it. Tell me what you think

similar set-up as me. i have the 2.5 5spd, 4:10 gears, 32" 11.5 tires and the shackles and the wj control arms. i think you are still gonna require fender trimming -even just for driving on the street. you might get away with just some minor trimming of the rear of the front flairs though- and you will have no problem with the back wheels.

be prepared for a power loss on hills too.

We sell a lot of the 32x11.5 Maxxis Bighorn's. I'd say we sell as many sets of the 32's anymore as we do of the 31's. I think the reason simply is the fact that a lot of guys will run them on their factory rims and they look/feel a lot bigger than the 31's do.

The only downfall I can see is finding a replacement down the road as it's an "odd" size. I'd probably recommend buying the 5th if you can swing it.

Here is a local guy running them on the factory rims to give you an idea of what they look like.

100_1019.jpg