coolant temperature sensor

i have been looking for the one below the exhaust manifold. nothing is listed in this town anywhere. the only place that lists one is autoparts warehouse. but after my recent experience with them-bad- i am looking else where.

can anybody here give me a part number and a good place to buy one?

thanks ,dave

I believe that is a knock sensor below the exhaust manifold. one temp sensor is on the drivers side back of the head on top and the other i believe is really close to the thermostat housing

Close - The knock sensor is down there, next to the CTS for the ECU. The Renix Jeeps have three coolant sensors, one in the back of the head for the light/gauge, one in the bottom of the block by the knock sensor for the ECU, and one in the radiator for the fan. In 91, with the HO system, the one in the bottom of the block, and the one in the radiator went away, replaced by one in the thermostat housing. (knock sensor also went away with the HOs).

I see three on Rock Auto doing a part number search:

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS, Part # TX28, $18.46

AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 5S1472, $22.79

ORIGINAL ENGINE MANAGEMENT Part # 9384, $30.79

Unless you want genuine OEM? Got a source for them too. :cheers:

don, thanks. they all have pigtails. i'm looking for the one at the bottom of the engine block. it has two bay-a-nets (male fitting and the female end is a bosch connector.

with rock auto i didn't read the search correctly. :ack:

dave

the only site that shows them is autopartswarehouse and it lists four at different prices. i wouldn't be so picky but the last time i ordered from them they sent the wrong part and it cost me $13+ in return shipping and one month waiting for my money.

ok. in looking at the pictures of the knock sensor and the cooling sensor. according to the pictures on another freaking jeep site and other web places i make an incorrect ASSUMPTION. OH NO.

so all this time i was checking the wrong sensor. my first ever mistake.

the cts is located just under the exhaust manifold not down close to the pan. and its on the left side of the manifold ,whereas the knock sensor is on the right side of the manifold down by the pan. correct? tommorrow i am going to take a picture of them. dave

thanks for your help

what a pita. wrong train