PS Front axle seal on a d30

I'm leaking gear oil from the passanger side on my d30. I searched and it seems for the driver's side you need to pull the differential, but what about the pass. side?

I'm gonna change the seal, bearing and u-joint while I'm there. Anything else I should hit?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm having a little trouble locating a replacement for the passanger side axle seal (with disconnect). It seems like all of the write-ups are while converting to one piece axles which use a different seal.

If anyone has a part number for that I'd appreciate it!

• 1 year later...

....... :fs1: mine is now doing this. Ive had it on the road for a week.

Every time i stop.... it makes a little puddle about the size of a 50 cent piece.... :fs1:

So... the seal is in the pumpkin next to the diff? its not out at the end by the joint?

Ok here's my few pictures. As always I mean to update my threads but I was so agitated by this one that I forgot to. One of the seals was a real PITA to find the right one. I tried all the seals offered by my commercial parts warehouse, and the aforementioned NAPA seal. They were all wrong. I pulled a number off of Autozone's website, cross-referenced and got it from my local guy. Bingo. Again, I think my truck being an 86 was the issue. What a headache this was.

Here's the numbers and what they look like:

Seal driver:

Primed:

Painted:

I hope this helps people in the future, I know I was going nuts.

whoa... so i don't have to pull the diff? i can just tear down that side and change the seal outboard? thatd be SWEEET.

I want to do a 1 piece axle down the road, but for now thats low on the list.

Need tires ASAP and not gonna buy 800-1k in tires and then lift and need tires again.

So going up a bit before tires.

THEN axles are next. :)