Remove a dash

I found an 86 mj at a jy recently that has a black interior. I already removed the plastic interior pieces and am considering removing the dash. I am not sure why I need it but I just don't want to see it go to the shredder. Can anyone offer any advice on how difficult it is to remove a dash?

That is a pretty good write up, but he removes much more than needed, especially if in the Junkyard. To pull my dash out nearly complete, I did the following:

- Disconnect battery

- Remove plastic Bezels and covers from dash

- Disconnect steering column harness, drop and pull out steering column

- Disconnect Dash harness at the firewall, the plug is held together with a 10mm bolt and any door/kick panel feeds

- Disconnect/Remove TCU

- Trace and unplug HVAC vacuum lines

- Loosen but do not remove the 15mm support bolts at the A-pillar

- Remove the 10mm bolts along windshield and start to rotate the dash away from the firewall

- Disconnect vent plumbing and any other plugs you may have missed

- Remove the two 15mm bolts you loosened up, beware the dash is heavy and will fall to the ground

- Pull dash out and stick the bezels back on

'86 is slithly different since it's carbureted. I'm not sure about every '86 dash but on mine, the top dash bolts under the defrost vent were a royal pain to get to. There are also a lot less wires on the '86. Other than that, the steps sound about right.