a few questions.

Well, i have a few questions about making my mj into more of a street rod. jamminz.gif

1. Whats it take to put in a manual tranny and what kind of options am i looking at.

2. Whats it take to lower it a few inches. and are there any lowering kits out there?

3. are there any kind of suspension upgrades for the comanche? in terms of anti-roll bars, ladder bars or somthing of the sort.

how much do you think the ranger springs would drop it? and what would it take to put them in?

How do blocks work? I'm geussing the go between the axle and the springs. Which would also mean longer U-bolts right?

• 4 weeks later...

You can use YJ front springs if you only want to lower the front 1". At the rear you can use lowering blocks. Or go to a spring shop and let them de arch the rear springs. The rear is already higher than the front by maybe an inch. I just recently got my first MJ. But have owned my XJ since 99. The MJ came w/ SOA and no lift in front !

You can use YJ front springs if you only want to lower the front 1".

I know what you mean, but the YJ series of Wrangler was the series with leaf springs all around. You're referring to the latest all coil spring Wranglers.

Somebody makes killer ladder bars for the MJ. A friend of mine has them on his pro dragster MJ. I don't think he ever mentioned who made 'em, or if he said it I forgot. Let me know when you're ready and I'll ask him.

BTW -- If your MJ is 4WD you can't lower the front very much at all, or the oil pan smashes down on the front differential housing every time you go over a bump. 2WD is the only game in town if you want to slam an MJ.

Yes i'm talking about Wrangler's. As far as a four inch drop, what kind of ride would you get? I would like to know because my MJ is 2wd and I want it lower than stock. But what size tire? I've only driven in and out of the driveway, but it feels like it has 4.10 at least. 31" boggers on stock 7' rims and they rub the frame rails in the rear like crazy. If you can lower the front 4" waht would you use for the back.

I haven't looked but I doubt you can get 4 inches. Check the clearance between the axle and the oil pan. If you can drop it that much, you'll have to be sure you have good bump stops because you won't be able to allow ANY down travel in the suspension.