2.5 to 4.0 swap help!!!!

new to the site looking for a little help i have a 88' sport truck that started life as a 2.5 4 speed 2wd. i first put a front axle under it and a 5 speed and np 207 that i picked up of CL. then lifted it did an 8.8 swap. just recently i picked up a running 91' 4.0 speed with a busted up rearend 4 200 bux so i pulled my motor trans and t-case to make so room. then tried to bolt the engine in with the original frame mounts no worky of coarse the 91 already went to the crusher. so i went to the bone yard and picked up so mounts off the first 91+ 4.0 i found with the engine out bolted then in and the engine bolted in but looked a little to far back then i installed the trans and it seems to be sitting 2-3 inches to far back i cannot bolt up the trans x-member do i have the wrong mounts? i don't know. :mad: sorry for the long story but i figure the more you know the easer it will be to help thanks.

i just put a 96 4.0 in my 89 mj, i thought the same thing but i was trying to put the 4.0 mounts 2 bolts back further than they were supose to go. once i had the mounts in the right spot it fell right in. did you grab the tranny x member with the tcase you bought? i had to chase/tap the holes with a 10x1.50 tap. you also said you grabbed the motor but nothing about the harness? 2.5, 4.0 harnesses are different. hope that helped a little

edit: this is the diy forum, next time try posting in the tech :thumbsup: