dies and wont start for 30 minutes

hey guys any body know what might cause the manche to start and run fine till you cut it off. then it won't start back. then try it about 30 minutes later and it starts fine whats up with that??????????? any ideas

Sounds like my '88 -- except mine doesn't wait for me to park it, it cuts out whenever it feels like it, typically after driving about 10 to 15 minutes.

It has been suggested that the ignition module (on the passenger side inner fender) may have a crack in the phenolic insulation. One of these days I hope to check that out -- if life will stop throwing me curve balls for a few days.

First thing to do is determine whether it is fuel or ignition. If it's fuel then it's possible the pump is going bad. Also possible is crud blocking fuel filter. If it's ignition then it is heat related. Start it and while it's still cold play a hair dryer around all the electrical components. Leave it on them until they get hot. This includes coil, CPU, ECM, relays etc. Or if it's already hot , then direct a blast of cold air at the suspected. parts. C02 fire extinguisher is great for that.

my 2.5 did the exact thing... my problem was the crankshaft position sensor check the AC voltage coming from it with a multi meter while cranking the engine (of course when your truck won't start) if no ac voltage its bad. Its a common problem on jeeps