Ohio Crankshaft

streetjeep2.5

While I can't comment about the Ohio Crank company, a quick google search led me to believe there is a new Eagle 4340 Forged 327 Crankshaft available for you motor. I did not search to see if they are available in the small and large size.

Is there any reason why you are not wanting to get the stock one ground and polished?

While I can't comment about the Ohio Crank company, a quick google search led me to believe there is a new Eagle 4340 Forged 327 Crankshaft available for you motor. I did not search to see if they are available in the small and large size.

Is there any reason why you are not wanting to get the stock one ground and polished?

Yea, I saw Eagles also. But 665 bucks to 475 bucks means Ohio looks lots better!

The only reason for looking at possibly a new crank is #1 rod was getting ready to leave the block. But, its still on there. Take a look at the last pictures on my build thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28786 and you see the rod barely hanging on to the crank. If I have to go more than .020 on the journal I prefer a new crank, and only 4340's are available except in rebuilt. Plus, this engine was put in and used in a farm truck and got some hard work, so the stock crank could be fatigued also. Machine shop will tell me.