engine

I just rebuilt mine, had to go 30 over cuz when I pulled it the clock read 250k and the top of the bore was std. so the moral of this story is if you have a engine with 250k it will be worn where you will probably have to go 30 over. Mines running good. after about 1k it started to come alive. good luck

Had to go .040 on mine. Got .030 pistons,thats what the machine shop told me!! Now I have to send back and order new pistons. Wanted to put it together this weekend. Not now!! Everything else is ready to go. I'll keep the posts coming about the progress.

I guess yours was more worn then mine or had already been bored. I was wanting to put a rv cam in it to give me more torque in the higher rpms but I got a master rebuild kit and it only cam with one choice of cams. I still feel like I needed a torquer cam now. I guess it might be due to the fact i have 3.07 gears. what's your build plan?

I guess yours was more worn then mine or had already been bored. I was wanting to put a rv cam in it to give me more torque in the higher rpms but I got a master rebuild kit and it only cam with one choice of cams. I still feel like I needed a torquer cam now. I guess it might be due to the fact i have 3.07 gears. what's your build plan?

Ummm, not to rain on your parade, but RV cams don't produce more torque in the higher RPM range, they produce more torque at low RPM. I was mistakenly sold an RV cam for what was supposed to be a race engine, and it wouldn't run higher than 4800 RPM ... and power started falling off over about 3500. Am RV cam is a great choice for a Jeep, IMHO, but not if you want RPM out of the engine. RV cams are for low speed "grunt" pulling power.

Eagle, I think the rv cam would do wonders for my truck. Here in the mountains of WNC we have grades up to 9 percent and when climbing them you have to be in 3rd gear(I have a 5 speed) to run about 40mph if that. I think I should of spent the extra 100 bucks and got one when I rebuilt my motor. It would have hauled trailers better and it would make it better for off road too :!: oh well, there is always next time. Frank C