PLEASE HELP!!!

btm24

I have been in the proses in converting my 89 Jeep Comanche (MJ) to a 4x4 and was almost set to put the aw4 auto transmission and 231 transfer case in. How ever I had them sitting at a "friends" house for the past few months and when I went over there today he said that he "thought I picked it up 2 weeks ago". So some how either in a mix up or some body stole them both, either way they are both now gone. I am already WAY over bugget and was wandering if any body knew any body, or If you have a 87-90 Jeep cherokee or comanche, I6 4x4 auto parts truck or have a transmission and 231 transfer case that they could sell to me the is near Tampa FL. If you do PLEASE call me at (813) 713-4508 or email me at Btmredneck7@yahoo.com ASAP if you do! I was hopping to have this all done with in the month but now who knows...

Thanks!!!

Brandon

Btm24

Amazing I love to know people. With in the past hour Ive tracked down a guy who also owns a red 88 Comanche, that has a part time (231?) t case and auto transmission that hes gonna give me for $200. The transmission Needs to be rebuilt but at least Ill know it will be reliable. Thanks guys

Brandon

auto's are expensive to rebuild. i got a couple quotes for mine around $2000-2600, then found a guy that owns a tranny shop to rebuild it for $1100 under the table. and that was with me pulling it out and taking it to his shop. for $2000 i figured i might as well buy a brand new tranny but convinently they are no longer made and with the dealerships database they only found one or two brand new ones in california. not sure if i should reccomend this but if you know somebody who has real experince and the right tools and knowledge (or service manual) with there help you could rebuild it in a CLEAN location yourself and if done right save a ton of $$ and gain some experince. the rebuild kits were less than $200 if i rember right. but do it wrong and not far down the road youll be stranded and rushed to get it fixed right.

auto's are expensive to rebuild. i got a couple quotes for mine around $2000-2600, then found a guy that owns a tranny shop to rebuild it for $1100 under the table. and that was with me pulling it out and taking it to his shop. for $2000 i figured i might as well buy a brand new tranny but convinently they are no longer made and with the dealerships database they only found one or two brand new ones in california. not sure if i should reccomend this but if you know somebody who has real experince and the right tools and knowledge (or service manual) with there help you could rebuild it in a CLEAN location yourself and if done right save a ton of $$ and gain some experince. the rebuild kits were less than $200 if i rember right. but do it wrong and not far down the road youll be stranded and rushed to get it fixed right.

:thumbsup: I know some body who used to own a shop before he messed up his back, that will rebuild the trani for like 100 bucks with my help (handing him stuff lol) Hes a good friend of mine and is the same guy who is helping me build my bumpers. Thanks

Brandon