Flowtech Purple Hornies muffler

88msftcomanche

Hey guys I was thinking about muffler options and saw a good deal locally on a purple hornie muffler with exhaust tip. Thought itd be good cause i like shorter exhausts and i read pretty good reviews of the muffler. Just wondering if you guys have any experience with the purple hornie or heard good things about them. :cheers:

Anything is probably better than stock. Flowtech's not top of the line, but the one's I have heard sound is good... I havn't run a muffler in a long time, so what do I know. :dunno:

Edit: It's basically a glass pack. (glorified cherry bomb/ vice versa depending how you see it) Theres plenty of videos of jeeps running cherry bombs/ glass packs on youtube. That should give you a good idea of the sound.

Thanks for the advice and info man. I ordered the purple hornie should be here in a few days ill post up on here what i think about it. I heard it's fairly quiet at idle and roars when on the skinny pedal os I'm looking forward to seeing for myself jamminz.gif

IMO glasspacks make it sound farty, I'd recommend a welded muffler. I've got a Flowmaster 40 series on mine (running 2.5 inch pipe and no cat) and love the burble at idle and the overrun. But some guys love the glass pack noise so I guess it is just preference. Although I wouldve gotten a Thrush glasspack because they are a perforated tube style instead of louvered which causes a lot of turbulence (restriction).