i might get a free xj

brdhntr

we had a relative that passed away a month or so ago (didn't know her well and hadn't seen her in years) and left my mom to deal with the will and estate. long story short, she left her car to my mom (08 impala lt with 28k miles). they have a brand new honda accord but my dad has been thinking of getting a car. so he may keep the car and give me his xj!!!! it's still not set in stone yet though.

it's a moss green '98 classic that he's had since '99. in great shape and always very well cared for. it's never had anything but mobil 1 in it and the oils been changed every 2500 miles or 3 months. i hope it works out. if it does, the mj will most likely go up for sale. i hate to do it but i'd rather have a newer rig than keep the old mj. i would like to keep both but just don't have the space.

we'll see if i get the xj first and go from there. it's not anywhere near a done deal yet. but it'd be cool!

What kind of options does it have? Classic means it comes with adjustable headrests, body-colored fender flares and bumper endcaps (front and rear) and the "upgraded" seat material. Does it have fogs, heated seats, cruise, NP242, or anything else? Just curious...

Too bad you don't have the space. Being a XJ and MJ owner, it's like having the best of both worlds...

it has everything but a cd player, leather, and heated sets. it has fogs and everything. they only problems are the switch for the fog lights, a tear in the side of the driver's seat, and the struts on the rear hatch. otherwise it's great.

iam trying to think of a way to keep both. i do have 1 more drriveway space but that's kept for the parents of daycare kids and guests. i'm concidering taking that up but that would mean they xj would be outside rather than in the garage. if our developement (it's a new private developement) weredone it might be different but with all the construction trucks and equiptment there's no room to park off the driveway really. i'll try to figure something out if this happens. i do use the mj alot for hauling. funny thing is i use it most for other people, including my parents! :D

it's just been mentioned by him so far so it's not mine yet. i won't know until after mid march or so. i'm just thrilled the though is there.