found a shop to set my gears up

:D

Found this place yesterday called After Hours 4X4, that came on a recommendation from another place I go to. It's downright scary looking, like Cooter's garage collided with a tractor pull competition, minus the scary Doberman Pinczer chained to a tree.....BUT, the owner is hooking me up. Gonna order me up a carrier and master install kit, and install my 4.56's (I'm getting from someone else) for "about $125" <> He's wanting to sell me a locker instead of staying open, but I haven't decided if I want to yet or not. I was thinking open for now, then maybe a drop-in one down the road.

I'm going to take a dig cam with me when I drop the axle off so I can show y'all some of the stuff he's working on...BIG stuff. Like 4X4 school busses on portal axles, F250's on 44"ers, and so on. I felt like a midget walking around his building. He was surprised to see my MJ, even tho it was a "little Jeep" to him LOL.

Jeff

p.s. Patrick, if you're interested, I can tell you where his shop is in Prince George.....

Most definately interested. As for wether to stay open or lock it up.... Now is the time to do it when he is installing your gears, as its the same labor either way.

I know a few local places that hook me up on killer deals on gears and install kits, and I have a few buddies who install gears cheap. as in less then 100 per axle.

I am going to Independent4x http://independent4x.com/ tommorow wqith Pong on the trailer, and see what kind of plans he has drawn up for my exo/interior cage :D and if we can agree on a price... I will be ready to ROLL my jeep over :D :twisted:

On the seious side, you really don't need master install kits, unless your bearing are bad. Also don't pay more then 75 bucks per "master install" kit. Thats what I can get them for shipped to my door. I forgot what gears would cost, as I bought used ones lats time (case of beer).

Patrick