2.5l head and exhaust manifold interchange

Just picked up an 86 long bed 4 cyl 4 spd. Its been sitting for a few years but low miles one owner. I've done the usual changed out plugs wires, cap rotor etc but it still has a miss. Fire going to all plugs (shoulda used my in line spark tester instead of my hand) woke me up! One cylinders dead. And I have a problem with blowby as well as a cracked exhaust manifold. Instincts tell me Ive got a valve problem. I'll get around to figuring it out this weekend.

Which brings me to my question, how interchangeable are the Heads and manifolds on the 2.5's. I have no experience with them. trying to keep this fix as cheap as possible since I'm going to stuff a 4.0 in it eventually.

Thanks

One cylinders dead. And I have a problem with blowby as well as a cracked exhaust manifold. dead like no compression? how many miles on her ? cracked manifold they are cheap if you R&R this don't use a gasket but polish both sides and use copper RTV very thinly -tighten to 25 fPs ...blow by smoke how bad ? pvc system not working ???

Havent run a compression test, just pulled all the wires one by one till i hit the one that didnt cause it to run worse. I'ts pushing oil out where dipstick tube goes into block and around oil cap. pcv looks like it was just changed, i just got a new air valve? (the big valve thing that sits at back of valve cover). its not smoking only oil use seems to be whats being forced out at cap and dipstick tube. As far as i can tell exhaust leak is by the weak cylinder. On a positive note, gives me an excuse to buy a compression tester and more tools.

113k mi. looks like its been seeping oil out those places for awhile, probably why it was parked so long. as i said manifolds cracked and the cat's been replaced with aftermarket, mickey mouse install.

Mostly just thinking and learning about what I have now, I've got an 89 XJ 4.0 and I know what fits and swaps in the 6, but no idea what years and models interchange on the 2.5, much less its quirks.

I've been sick and crazy busy at work so havent gotten to play with it much. I repalced the Air Valve on back of valve cover and its quit blowing oil out of the Oil filler cap and dipstick tube. When I first got it and changed the oil/filter etc I put some seafoam in it. Now it seems like the more I run it the quieter it gets. I'm really thinking its a stuck valve/lifter. Got a Purty new Craftsman Torque wrench last nite. Guess I'll pull the valve cover and see how its lookin inside as soon as I get the time.