RUSTYS STEERING UPGRADE

Any one here ever have this?

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merc ... y_Code=ste

I have the JCR 1 ton upgrade on the TJ and do like it, only thing is, all the holes need to be reamed for the larger TRE's. This setup looks basically the same, only uses factory sized TRE's. So no reaming, IE extra cost or time. Another question, these TRE's are they TJ sized or ZJ sized???

As many of you know, I am not a fan of RUSTYS stuff. But I know many like it. This looks simple enough, don't know how you could screw it up. I want it for the MJ....the Drag link is getting a bit loose from the excessive angles of my almost 7" of lift. I am going to throw on a ZJ pitman arm and see what that does for me. I am also looking into flopping the TRE's. But that will necessitate the re-engineering of the sway bar linkage....

LMK,

CW

I have no experience with the Rusty's steering. I've researched it though and people either hate it or love it. I ran the Rock Krawler steering on my TJ and really liked it. I'm going to buy it for my MJ too. :cheers:

The RK stuff goes over the knuckle and didn't get in the way of anything. The only downside is the use of heims (if you look at it as a downside). If you are planning 50,000 or more road miles for your Jeep then heims may not be a logical purchase for you. For a trail rig that sees very little street miles it is a great setup.

No heims for me, at least not on a trail/street rig!

How badly was the contact? Was it something you lived with and if not what did you do about it?

I WOULD just go Currie, but it dosent address the inverted "Y" steering. I MUCH prefer a hub to hub tierod, with a short draglink.

CW

I decided to go with the JCR setup again.

I have a complete set of TRE's for it as backup and I also have a couple sets of outer hubs. So I can have one set reamed along with a pitman arm and throw it in on a warm day when I have time off. I'll do my ball joints at the same time.

Price is right and its mighty beefy!!

CW