transfer case engage

I'm about testing the 4x4 after rebuild the transmission. My driveway is very icy. Prefect time to test my 4x4. my rwd have some traction sometime but if give it some TQ. tire spin. so I engaged the 4x4 in 4h... rwd still spin but front didnt do anything even there no idiot light said 4x4 part time? :???: :???: :dunno:

what should I check? I check the lever of engage. its hook up secure and fine. :dunno:

I'm sorry for some misspell and misgrammer. my hands are numb from do stuff outside with my jeep. :roll:

silly question, but did you remember to engage your hubs?

thats what i though. i just check it recently. its stiff and i gotta buy new hub locks. also plug the CAD vacuum hose that i removed which i don't need. After plug it. jumped my mj, the 4wd light finally lignt on. I knew that those hoses cause it but still no 4wd. still rwd spinning.

edit: I just did this measure. its almost same spec. I'm not good on ruler.

what brand hubs do you have now?

um not sure but its pos plastic stuff. I want to buy stainless steel hubs. Also I took a person to take a look at front shaft. he said yeah,front axle shaft is spinning. so obv thats mean I need an new hub lockers. :doh:

what would you recommend?

how about this?

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-221 ... na-44.html

If they have plastic in them, then they are probably stock (which suck). I wish you luck on removing them if they are. :( be very very very careful with those tiny screws. and when you re-install them, use anti-seize on them. :thumbsup:

MM hubs are good. I went with Warn premiums on mine. any aftermarket hub is light years beyond stock in ease of installation and removal. :yes:

If they have plastic in them, then they are probably stock (which suck). I wish you luck on removing them if they are. :( be very very very careful with those tiny screws. and when you re-install them, use anti-seize on them. :thumbsup:

MM hubs are good. I went with Warn premiums on mine. any aftermarket hub is light years beyond stock in ease of installation and removal. :yes:

I already remove them no problem while work on axle seals :thumbsup: I'm sure no problem to get it off any soon as i get new MM hubs :)

thats what i though about those plastic in them are probably stock :roll: